I’ve listed below some of the projects I’ve worked on. You’ll see that I cover a wide range of subjects.
Most of my clients are individuals such as university lecturers, researchers and postgraduate students, but below I’ve noted other categories of clients I’ve worked for or currently work for to illustrate the scope of my work.
Books and chapters in books*
- Amigoni, David (my client) and Elwick, James (eds. vol. IV) (General editors: Gowan Dawson and Bernard Lightman) (2011) Victorian Science and Literature. The Evolutionary Epic Volume IV. London: Pickering and Chatto.
- Bos, Gerhard and Düwell, Marcus (editors) (2016) Human Rights and Sustainability: Moral Responsibilities for the Future. Routledge.
- Chrocziel, Peter, Kasolowsky, Boris, Whitener, Robert* and Prinz zu Waldeck und Pyrmont, Wolrad (eds.) (2017) International Arbitration of Property Disputes. A Practitioner’s Guide. Beck/Hart Publishing.
- Contiades, Xenophon (my client) and Fotiadou, Alkmene (editors) (2016) Participatory Constitutional Change: The People as Amenders of the Constitution. Routledge.
- Dawson, A. (ed.) (2009) The Philosophy of Public Health. Aldershot: Ashgate.
- Dawson, A. (ed.) (2011) Public Health Ethics: Key Concepts and Issues in Policy and Practice. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- de Coning, Cedric, Gelot, Linnéa and Karlsrud, John (2016) The Future of African Peace Operations. From the Janjaweed to Boko Haram. Zed Books. https://www.zedbooks.net/shop/book/the-future-of-african-peace-operations/
- Holdsworth, Clare (2013) Family and Intimate Mobilities. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Hughes, Jonathan (ed.) (2010) European Textbook on Ethics in Research. European Commission.
- McKay, Deirdre (2012) Global Filipinos: Migrants’ Lives in the Virtual Village. Indiana University Press.
- McEwen, Luke M. J. (2016) The Cat Competition: West Dean Summer Fete 1935. Unchained Pen.
- Nacho, Prince Eze (2010) Hard Hitting: The Real Truth about Men, Marriage and Infidelity: The Three Minute Factor. AuthorHouse.
- Nair, Sreenath (2013) Manikin Plays. Two Contemporary Indian Plays. Cambridge: Cambridge University Scholars.
- Royakkers, Lambèr and van Est, Rinie (2015) Just Ordinary Robots: Automation from Love to War. CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group).
- Shain, Farzana (2011) The New Folk Devils: Muslim Boys and Education in England. Stoke-on-Trent: Trentham Books.
- Stavrides, Stavros (2016) Common Space. The City as Commons. Zed Books. https://www.zedbooks.net/shop/book/common-space/
- Sternudd, Hans T. (2010) The Discourse of Cutting: A Study of Visual Representations of Self-Injury on the Internet. In Making Sense of Pain: Critical and Interdisciplinary Perspectives, edited by Jane Fernandez, 237-248. Oxford: Inter-Disciplinary Press.
- Sternudd, Hans T. (2011) Images of Pain: Self-Injurers’ Reflections on Photos of Self-Injury. Pain: Management, Expression, Interpretation. In Pain: Management, Expression, Interpretation edited by Andrzej Danczak and Nicola Lazenby, 131-141. Oxford: Inter-Disciplinary Press.
- Sternudd, Hans T. (2011) The Discourse of Cutting: Regaining Control and Meaning Making. In How Does It Feel?: Making sense of Pain, edited by Hans T. Sternudd and Angela Tumini, 75-98. Oxford: Inter-Disciplinary Press.
- Sternudd, Hans T. (2014) Modes of Pain: Reflections on the Self-Injury Experience. In Painful Conversations: Making Pain Sens(e)ible, edited by Hans Sternudd, 151-169. Oxford: Inter-Disciplinary Press.
*In all instances except for the books authored by de Coning et al. and Stavrides, the client was the author (or one of them), not the publisher.
- Ecological sequestration trust (2015) Smart Ways to Mobilise More Efficient and Effective Long-term Investment in City Regions – Report. Available at: https://ecosequestrust.org/latest/smart-ways-to-mobilise-more-efficient-and-effective-long-term-investment-in-city-regions-report/
- Nicholls, Tom, Nielsen, Rasmus Kleis and Shabbir, Nabeelah (2016) Digital-born News Media in Europe. Published by Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, University of Oxford. Available at: https://www.digitalnewsreport.org/publications/2016/digital-born-news-media-europe/
- Nielsen, Rasmus Kleis and Sambrook, Richard (2016) What Is Happening to Television News? Published by Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, University of Oxford. Available at: https://www.digitalnewsreport.org/publications/2016/what-is-happening-to-television-news/
- van Est, R, Stemerding, D, Rerimassie, V, Schuijff, M, Timmer, J, Brom, F. W. A. (2014) From Bio to NBIC Convergence: From Medical Practice to Daily Life. Report written for the Council of Europe, Committee on Bioethics. Published by the Rathenau Institute. Available at: https://pure.knaw.nl/portal/en/publications/from-bio-to-nbic-convergence%281c06a518-1418-4f6b-9f76-2f7b413d3bcd%29.html
- Strand Karni, Inger, Barnholt Klepper, Karina, Soderlund, Peder, Meistad, Toril and Grønil, Kristin S. (2016) Sustainable Shift: Nordic Energy Systems Towards 2050. Published by Nordic Energy Research, Nordic Council of Ministers. Available at: https://www.nordicenergy.org/publications/sustainable-shift-nordic-energy-systems-towards-2050/
These have included Zed Books, The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, University of Oxford, and the Oxford Internet Institute.
Some of the journal articles I have proofread (before publication in international journals, many of them peer reviewed)
Acre, Fernanda* and Wyckmans, Annemie (2014) Spatial quality determinants for residential building renovation: a methodological approach to the development of spatial quality assessment. International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development. Available at:https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/2093761X.2014.923793?journalCode=tsub20#.VTetdJNQBDQ
Acre, Fernanda (2015) The impact of dwelling renovation on spatial quality: the case of the Arlequin neighbourhood in Grenoble, France. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment. Available at: https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/SASBE-05-2015-0008
Bolin, Niklas (2014) New party parliamentary entry in Western Europe 1960–2010. European Journal of Government and Economics.
Available at: https://www.ejge.org/index.php/ejge/article/view/55
Brandenburg, Daphne (2017) The nurturing stance: making sense of responsibility without blame. Pacific Philosophy Quarterly. Available at: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/papq.12210/abstract
Cao, Weiwei (2015) Exploring ‘glorious motherhood’ in Chinese abortion law and policy. Feminist Legal Studies, Volume 23(3), pp. 295–318. Available at: https://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10691-015-9291-7?no-access=true
Cao, Weiwei (2017) Restricted to half the sky: unwanted girls, battered wives and inglorious women. Feminist Legal Studies. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10691-017-9351-2?no-access=true
Carlucci, Salvatore, Lobaccaro, Gabriele*, Li, Yong, Luchhino, Elena Catto and Ramaci, Roberta (2016) The effect of spatial and temporal randomness of stochastically generated occupancy schedules on the energy performance of a multiresidential building. Energy and Buildings, Volume 27. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2016.05.023
Edin, Kerstin and Nilsson, Bo* (2014) Men’s violence: narratives of men attending anti-violence programmes in Sweden. Women’s Studies International Forum. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0277539513002161
Fahlgren, Siv, Giritli-Nygren, Katarina and Sjöstedt Landén*, Angelika (2016) Resisting ‘overing’: teaching and researching gender studies in Sweden. Women’s Studies International Forum. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0277539515000989
Filipe, Angela M. (2016) Making ADHD evident: data, practices, and protocols in Portugal. Medical Anthropology. Cross-Cultural Studies in Health and Illness, Volume 35(5). Available at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01459740.2015.1101102?journalCode=gmea20
Filipe, Angela M. (2017) Situated interventions in health care? Refiguring the normative place and experimental practice of social science. Science as Culture, Volume 26(3). Available at: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09505431.2017.1315930
Ganzevles, Jurgen*, Asveld, Lotte and Osseweijer, Patricia (2015) Extending bioenergy towards smart biomass use. Issues of social acceptance at Park Cuijk, The Netherlands. Energy, Sustainability and Society, Volume 5(22). Available at: https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1186%2Fs13705-015-0053-9.pdf
Högström, John (2015) Do development and democracy positively affect gender equality in Cabinets? Japanese Journal of Political Science. Available at: https://philpapers.org/rec/HGSDDA
Högström, John (2016) The effect of gender quotas in the first decade of the twenty-first century: a global comparison. Comparative Sociology, Volume 15(2). Available at: https://doi.org/10.1163/15691330-12341385
Högström, John (2017) Political competition in Sweden 1976–2014: a comparative analysis at the local level. Comparative Sociology, Volume 16(4). Available at: https://doi.org/10.1163/15691330-12341435
Hovin Kjølle, Kari* and Hunnes Blakstad, Siri. Architects and end users: boundary objects in participatory briefing and design. Nordic Journal of Architectural Research. Available at: https://arkitekturforskning.net/na/article/view/477
Johansson, Anna and Sternudd, Hans T. (2015) Iconography of suffering in social media: images of sitting girls. World Suffering and Quality of Life. Available at: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-94-017-9670-5_26#page-1
Lidén, Gustav (2013) What about theory? The consequences of a widened perspective of social theory. Quality and Quantity. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11135-011-9512-3?LI=true#
Lidén, Gustav (2013) Explaining local Swedish refugee policy. Journal of International Migration and Integration. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12134-013-0294-4
Lidén, Gustav and Nyhlén, Jon (2013) Evidence of Swedish municipalities’ reception of unaccompanied minors: a multi-method approach. Digitala Vetenskapliga Arkivet. Available at: https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2%3A641184&dswid=8037
Lidén, Gustav and Nyhlén, Jon (2015) Structure and agency in Swedish municipalities’ reception of unaccompanied minors. Journal of Refugee Studies, Volume 29(1). Available at: https://academic.oup.com/jrs/article-abstract/29/1/39/2362771/Structure-and-Agency-in-Swedish-Municipalities?redirectedFrom=fulltext
Lindblad-Gidlund, Katarina* and Giritli-Nygren, Katarina (2011) Diagnosing the techno-relational action space: finding institutional and individual dimensions for innovation in transformational government. Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy. Available at: https://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?articleid=1954318, doi: 10.1108/17506161111173603
Nair, Sreenath. Mudra: choreography in hands. Body, Space & Technology. Available at: https://people.brunel.ac.uk/bst/vol1102/sreenathnair/home.html
Nilsson, Bo* and Carlsson, Eric (2014) Swedish politicians and new media. Democracy, identity and populism in a technological discourse. New Media and Society. Available at: https://nms.sagepub.com/content/early/2013/05/28/1461444813487964
Nobert, Sebastien*, Kriger, Kristian and Pappenberger, Florian (2015) Understanding the roles of modernity, science, and risk in shaping flood management. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Water. Available at: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/wol1/doi/10.1002/wat2.1075/full
Nobert, Sébastien (2016) Resilience for the Anthropocene? Shedding light on the forgotten temporalities shaping post-crisis management in the French Sud Ouest. Resilience. International Policies, Practices and Discourses. Available at: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21693293.2016.1241479
Olofsdotter, Gunilla (2012) ‘The staircase model’ – labor control of temporary agency workers in a Swedish call center. Nordic Journal of Working Life Studies. Available at: https://ej.lib.cbs.dk/index.php/nordicwl/article/view/3433
Olofsdotter, Gunilla (2012) Workplace flexibility and control in temporary agency work. Vulnerable Groups and Inclusion, Volume 3(1). Available at: https://www.vulnerablegroupsandinclusion.net/index.php/vgi/article/view/18913
Rerimassie, Virgil (2016) Exploring political views on synthetic biology in the Netherlands. NanoEthics. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11569-016-0257-2
Richardson, Jane C.*, Grime, Janet C and Ong, Bie Nio (2013) ‘Keeping going’: chronic joint pain in older people who describe their health as good. Aging & Society, FirstView Articles. Available at: https://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0144686X13000226
Shain, Farzana (2013) Race, nation and education. An overview of British attempts to ‘manage diversity’ since the 1950s. Education Inquiry, Volume 4(1). Available at: https://dx.doi.org/10.3402/edui.v4i1.22062
Sjöstedt-Landén, Angelika (2011) From ethnographic ‘self’-discovery to processes of identification. Qualitative Research. Available at: https://qrj.sagepub.com/content/11/5/536.abstract
Sjöstedt-Landén, Angelika (2013) Moving central knowledge to a northern periphery – exploring logics of public sector job relocation in Sweden. Geografiska Annaler, Series B Human Geography. Available at: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/geob.12002/abstract
Spasov, Miroslav (2011) Musical composition as an act of cognition: ENACTIV – interactive multimodal composing system. Organised Sound. Available at: https://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8151361
Srichookiat, Sanit (2017) Small family grocers’ inherent advantages over chain stores: a review. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management. Available at: https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/IJRDM-04-2016-0050
Sternudd, Hans (2012) Actors of violence: staging the arena in mixed martial arts. Available at: https://blogs.helsinki.fi/nordictheatrestudies/2012/02/19/current-issue/
Sternudd, Hans T. (2016) Ellie’s first time: constructing self-cutting in a teen drama. Journal of Gender Studies. Available at: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09589236.2016.1254085
Verweij, Marcel*, Lambach, Philipp, Ortiz, Justin R. and Reis, Andreas (2106) Maternal immunisation: ethical issues. The Lancet, Volume 16(12). Available at: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(16)30349-8
von Schultz (née Bengtsson), Åsa (2015) Nordic research on political behaviour. Scandinavian Political Studies. Available at: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1467-9477.12053/abstract
Yardley, Sarah J., Watts, Kate M., Pearson, Jennifer and Richardson, Jane C.* (2013) Ethical issues in the reuse of qualitative data. Perspectives from literature, practice, and participants. Qualitative Health Research. Available at: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1049732313518373?related-urls=yesl24%2F1%2F102c24%2F1%2F102&legid=spqhr%3B24%2F1%2F102&cited-by=yes%3B24%2F1%2F102&cited-by=yes
Xypolia, Ilia (2016) From Mare Nostrum to Insula Nostra: British colonial Cyprus and the Italian imperial threat. The Round Table. The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs. Available at: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00358533.2016.1180047
Xypolia, Ilia (2016) Cultural propoganda and plans for a British university in the Near East. Mediterranean Quarterly. Available at: https://mq.dukejournals.org/content/27/3/88.abstract
*Denotes which of the co-authors was my client.
Some of the journals to which clients’ articles were submitted and/or published in
Agriculture and Human Values (Springer)
Body, Space & Technology (Brunel University, London)
Comparative Political Studies (SAGE)
Comparative Sociology (Brill Online Books and Journals)
Computer Music Journal (MIT Press)
Democratization (Taylor & Francis Online)
Education Inquiry (Taylor & Francis Online)
The Electronic Journal of e-Government (Academic Publishing Limited)
Energy and Buildings (Elsevier)
Energy, Sustainability and Society (SpringerOpen)
European Journal of Political Research (Wiley Online)
Feminist Legal Studies (Springer)
Gender, Work and Organization (Wiley Online)
Information, Communication and Society (Taylor & Francis Online)
International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development (Taylor & Francis Online)
Japanese Journal of Political Science (Cambridge University Press)
Journal of Conflict Resolution (SAGE)
Journal of Gender Studies (Taylor & Francis Online)
Journal of Global Faultlines (Pluto Press)
Journal of International Migration and Integration (Springer)
Journal of Refugee Studies (Oxford University Press)
Journal of Sonic Studies
Journal of Western European Politics (Taylor & Francis)
Journal of Youth Studies (Taylor & Francis Online)
The Lancet (Elsevier)
Medical Anthropology. Cross-Cultural Studies in Health and Illness (Taylor & Francis Online)
Mediterranean Quarterly (Duke University Press)
Nations and Nationalism (Wiley Online)
New Media and Society (SAGE)
Nordic Journal of Architectural Research
Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research (Taylor & Francis)
Pacific Philosophy Quarterly (Wiley)
Political Research Quarterly (SAGE)
Public Health Ethics (Oxford University Press)
Qualitative Health Research (SAGE)
Resilience. International Policies, Practices and Discourses (Taylor & Francis Online)
The Round Table: The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs (Taylor & Francis Online)
Scandinavian Journal of Public Administration (University of Gothenburg) (online journal)
Scandinavian Political Studies Journal (Wiley Online)
Science as Culture (Taylor & Francis Online)
Smart and Sustainable Built Environment (Emerald)
Taiwan Journal of Democracy (Taiwan Foundation for Democracy)
Transformations (Editorial Committee of Transformations Journal)
Visual Studies (Taylor & Francis Online)
Vulnerable Groups and Inclusion (Co-Action Publishing)
West European Politics (Taylor & Francis Online)
Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Water
Women’s Studies International Forum (Elsevier)
World Suffering and Quality of Life (Springer)
Academic clients’ universities
This is a selection of some current and past clients’ universities and other academic institutions.
BGSMCS, Free University and ZMO, Berlin
Centre for European Constitutional Law, Athens, Greece
Copenhagen Business School
Gävle University, Sweden
Henley Business School
Hunan University, China
King’s College London
Linnæus University, Sweden
London Metropolitan University
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
McGill University, Montreal
Manchester Metropolitan University
Mid Sweden University, Sweden
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Royal Northern College of Music
Tecnolόgico de Monterrey, Mexico
Umeå University, Sweden
University College London
University of Aberdeen
University of Applied Arts, Vienna
University of Edinburgh Business School
University of Glasgow
University of Leeds
University of London, School of African and Oriental Studies
University of Lisbon
University of Manchester
University of Montreal
University of Oxford
University of Warwick
Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Wageningen University, the Netherlands
Some of the organisations I have worked for are the Rathenau Institute (the Netherlands), the National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training, the ecological sequestration trust, the Centre for European Constitutional Law, Nordic Energy Research and I. J. Golding Customer Experience Consultancy.
These are details of some of the organisations to which clients’ papers/grant applications were submitted and conferences at which clients’ papers were given:
McGill University (Canada)
The International Institute for Advanced Studies in Systems Research and Cybernetics (paper)
The Organisation for Scientific Research (the Netherlands) (grant application)
The Wellcome Trust (grant application)
Flinders University, Australia (grant application)
Nordic Committee of Art History, Stockholm University (paper)
This is not an exhaustive list, but it shows the wide range of texts that I can work on. If you are interested in becoming a valued client then please get in touch here.